Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Positivity

It is possible to believe that we can make everything even better without believing that nothing is ever good enough.

Not everyone can be a leader. Not everyone will achieve greatness. But anyone can strive to inspire those around them.

"Not bad" is a double-negative. If someone asks how you're doing and you're feeling good, just say so.

There are plenty of tough days. But on an absolute scale, very few days are actually all that bad.

It's easier to add something awesome to life than it is to make all the difficult things go away.

The right attitude is something which must be crafted, practiced, mindfully cultivated. Skepticism can be healthy, and cynicism can sometimes be funny. But apathy and negativity can only poison the spirit. Unfortunately, it took having the worst day of my life to make me realize that things are usually pretty good. And the good things in life must be treated with respect and appreciation. The more I look for beauty in the world around me, the more I find. I humbly stand in awe of the wonders that surround me.

1 comment:

  1. "It's easier to add something awesome to life than it is to make all the difficult things go away."

    So very well said.

    ReplyDelete