Monday, October 4, 2010

Chicago's Lakefront Trail

My 33rd birthday has found me in the city of Chicago, traveling for work.  While I would prefer to be at home with my family, I'm trying to make the most of the situation.  I've been to Chicago a couple of times in the past, but have never had an opportunity to see much of anything which wasn't en route from my hotel to the office.

When planning this trip, I chose a hotel within easy striking distance of Lake Michigan.  Judging from the map, Lakefront Trail looked like a promising destination for a morning run, so that's where I headed.  It was just as lovely as I'd hoped it would be.

Lakefront Trail, Chicago
The weather was perfect, the sun rising over the lake was beautiful, and the lower elevation (ergo, increased oxygen) made me feel like I could run forever.  I didn't have time to test that theory, but I returned to my hotel feeling great.  My speed and distance were significantly better than any I've done in Denver.  I should get at least one more run in before returning home later in the week.


View Chicago Lakefront in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment