Sunday, May 23, 2010

Riding the Road to Victory

This morning I rode along with a few hundred other cyclists in the Road to Victory ride in Boulder, Colorado.  It was a great time and benefited the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's.

The starting line.

The 60-mile route included a short climb in Rabbit Mountain Open-space and another climb on Lefthand Canyon and James Canyon Drives, going as far up as Jamestown before coming back down to return to the Boulder Beer Company for post-ride festivities.  It turned out to be just the level of challenge that I was looking for.

From the top of the Rabbit Mountain climb

This was the second organized ride I've done.  Last weekend I went to Loveland, Colorado, for the Community Classic Bicycle Tour.  That was a really fun ride with lots of route options, making it ideal for riding with the whole family (which I'll probably do next year).

My wife and two children met me at the end of both rides and shared in the post-ride meals.  Again, the Community Classic ride turned out to be more family-friendly in this regard; but that's only because my 4-year-old is a picky eater and liked the pancakes at CCBT better than the pasta at R2V.

No comments:

Post a Comment