Wednesday, March 20, 2013

S is for Spring

S is for...

Seeds (and some transplanted seedlings) that I planted yesterday in my community plot at the office. Chard, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower. Yum!

An pre-sunrise spinning workout on my trainer in the basement - there is an end in sight. I'm so looking forward to riding outdoors again.

Shaving the winter beard, but leaving a sweet trucker 'stache. F says I should keep it indefinitely. My wife thanked me for giving her such a good laugh first thing in the morning.



Slacklining in the front yard after work. (I still suck, but I have fun!)



A special family supper, with sweets for dessert. Sauteed greens, asparagus, roast, and sweet potatoes. And of course, the bunny cake with skittles for the eye and nose.

Vegan roast & sweet potatoes


Chocolate bunny cake

Skiing tomorrow. Seriously, it's a work-sanctioned event - I'm not playing hookie. The imminent end of ski season makes the arrival of spring somewhat bitter-sweet. But there are plenty of other things to do. I can't wait!

Happy Spring, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. How can you say you suck at slacklining? I fell over just watching you! That's sucking at slacklining. :)

    Also? I love spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had a dream about somebody telling me, "It's not that you suck. It's that the people making videos that actually get watched on YouTube are so much better than everyone else that it skews your perception of your own abilities."

    That may be true. But it's little consolation when there are guys like this: http://youtu.be/bvAVkCHBy1U
    and this: http://youtu.be/eO24OHFuifc

    ReplyDelete