Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Adidas

Back in October, I think it was, a gentleman at Boulder Running Company helped me pick out a new pair of running shoes. He set me up with a pair of Adidas Adizero Aegis 2s (is it just me, or have apparel names gotten really complicated?). I instantly loved them. "They're a fairly unassuming shoe," I told him. "I don't think I would have picked them off the shelf on my own." When it comes to picking out a new piece of gear like this, it is definitely worth it to go to a specialty store where a knowledgeable salesperson can help you find the right item and the right fit.

In the intervening months, the shoes have begun to wear quite a bit on the soles. So I ordered a new pair online. And always mindful of Doran's Law[1], I'm tempted to stockpile the things if I ever find a really cheap source.


Is shoe shopping really blog-worthy? I don't know. But it allows me the opportunity to share (inflict?) this childhood memory with you all.



I frequently find myself dropping brand names on this blog. I should point out that I've never materially benefited from doing so. I just like to share my experiences with the gear that I have, and it doesn't do any good to refer to those items in generic terms.

[1] Doran's Law, originating with the Denver Mad Scientists, states: "If a thing is good, they will stop making it."

No comments:

Post a Comment