Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Running off into the Sunrise

About a month ago I decided to try running my commute a couple of times a week.  While it worked okay, I'm not certain that it's practical for me in the long term.  It required leaving my laptop at the office for most of the week, which was something of a mixed blessing.  But at this point, I've more or less decided to commute by bike and reserve running for morning workouts.

The weather here in Denver has been really nice lately.  Overnight lows generally have been in the 50s and highs have been in the 80s.  It won't last long, but I'm enjoying it while I can.  This morning I got out for a run and had the pleasure of seeing the sun rise as I headed east back toward my house.




It can't be captured in a photograph, but there are moments when I'm overwhelmed with the beauty in the world around me, and I just want to throw my arms up in the air and sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment